So as most of you know I have decided to once again hang my cleats up high and pursue life. We had a good run baseball and me, but there comes a time in every man’s life where he just has to listen to his heart. For now my heart is telling me to lay on the couch and volunteer places.
So I was talking to my roommate Reece the other day and I decided that not only was I playing baseball all these years, but I was also dating baseball. Once I decided to stop playing was like I was deciding to break up with my girlfriend of fifteen years. Sorry if you read my facebook status and thought I broke up with a real girlfriend. However, in many ways I did. I will explain…
1. I have so many memories with baseball- Between Joelton Little league and my brief Bison time there are a countless number of memories that I have with baseball. I will never forget them. Most of them anyways.
2. Sometimes me and baseball would get in fights. There have been times when baseball was not kind to me so I had to be mean back. It hurt me to call her names like stupid, dumb, and meaningless, but most of the time baseball called it upon herself.
3. Sometimes I would just sit and watch her. Sometimes baseball and sleeping are one in the same. Baseball would always catch me watching her when she was not even looking. Sometimes I would be watching her and I would drift into a wonderful sleep. Knowing that she was there in the room with me just made me feel at ease.
4. “I just feel like God is leading me in another direction.”- These are the words I told my Lipscomb coach when I decided to hang it up. I think this is a pretty widely used break up line. It is completely true though. I do feel that way.
5. Now that she is gone I find myself thinking about baseball a lot. The other day I went and watched Belmont practice. I was real sneaky about it and stayed up in the stands. Mainly so baseball would not see me. I don’t want her thinking I miss her and still have a thing for her.
Why do chickens not play baseball?
They always hit fowl balls.
Mom just texted me this….
Ross the Hoss